Friday, July 4, 2008

the piss-off power of whatever


Late last night I really wanted a Wendy's Frosty... So, I rode my little scoot scoot to the Wendy’s on 4th south. Their drive through has two lanes that merge into one. So when it was my turn to merge i noticed a white something car attempting to bumper-to-bumper me out of my place in line... I looked at the white something car and the passenger was laughing that mean girl laugh... the driver refusing make eye contact. So I stared hard at the driver until she looked at me. I just kept looking at her. She finally said, "We were here first". I looked at her in a way that said, "you are wrong and too bad". (I probably should mention I just finished a really in depth conversation with a friend about how I quietly bully some people and that for the benefit of my own progression i need to stop... ). I pulled forward and ordered my frosty... The girl driving honked her horn in aggressive protest... I just smiled and rode off with my frosty... On the way home I was thinking... Great.... they are going to catch up with me and throw a coke on me or something for revenge... Luckily they never caught me...

only because I made a fast and tricky get-a-way

As I safely pulled into home base I read a text from my roommate. It was one of those texts that oozes of aggression... It said, "I can’t take it anymore! I turned on the air!" A few weeks ago we agreed to no stale a.c. air... I thought it was an agreement between two roommates... After reading this text I put many hints together. I guess I declared it and she has been passively baring it ever since... resenting me with each rising temperature... I guess that is why I haven’t seen her in like 2 weeks... oops...I knew she was bugged, but I didn't know what about or even that it had anything to do with me... I just laughed at the text... in irritated surrender... ok ... and as my friend (whose name has been changed) Hank would say, "what ever".

P.S. My friend Hank explained to me about this new slang he started using... "Whatever". He has recently discovered the piss off power of "whatever"... He handed me a small sheet of paper with three words on it... words he has been hearing that are new to him... Since he now understands and actually uses "whatever" it had a strike through it. "Yede yede yede" and "da da da" are also on the list. In the next two weeks I am supposed to research and define these terms. He has heard them a few times on t.v. and is trying to keep up with us young folks.

No comments: