Thursday, October 2, 2008

so... hmmm... sometimes i wish i were ms. janalie...





so... an email i received just a few minutes ago....

Bonjour all,
Jean and I are on the last leg of our 8 hour drive to Nice and as it's dark and I've already napped my fair share today,so I thought I'd send a quick email from J's blackberry. Aside from touring the southern countryside by car,I've experienced a good amt of French culture and cuisine. Today I had my 1st real french crepe and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Too many fake sweet american crepes probably
ruined it for me and at the reststop we just came from I had a stale croissant BUT i did have soup from a futuristic machine and a nutella snak pak. Everyone I've met as been so kind and friendly and not at all what I had assumed and heard french to be. A man earlier did tell me that the people in the south are more friendly and laid back.there are hot springs in Dax where Jean grew up and a fair share of french tourists. We stayed there last nite after taking a 4.5 hour train from Paris.was a bit cold and would've loved a dip in the hot springs altho I can feel it warming up outside as we drive closer to the eastern mediterrainean coast. We also saw a really cool city and gate/castle built in 11th century. I'm hoping we can hop into Italy while in Nice and even Spain once we return to Dax since it's only 1.5 hrs away.It's
driving me crazy not being able to rattle off to these people in their language and being shy is not something I enjoy! Ok, thanks for reading my musings and may this email arrive to you with a smile! Peace,Janalie

now you want to be Janalie too... dont you?

No comments: