Wednesday, November 5, 2008

yes we can!


President-Elect Barack Obama... What a beautiful man!!!

He gave me a reason to vote... this is a first for me... I wanted to... I wanted to give that energy or support... my vote did nothing to elect Obama... I live in Utah... but it felt good to just do it this election... I don't think Obama's popularity will stick... many of his supporters may abandon ship when the conditions left behind by the previous presidency are not easily remedied... but i support him... I am proud that he will represent our country... and I am proud that Americans went to the ballots yesterday and voted him in...

strong opinions... I am pretty sure most of my family voted McCain... and that is ok... I hope we can all still be friends.

6 comments:

Joal said...

Amen. Elizabeth and I are in the minorities in our families (and in the church) as well, but we both voted for Obama and view his election as a wonderful thing.

cemarcano said...

I'm pretty sure you're right, Tanya. It was a nice speech and I really hope that Obama lives up to his words this past year. I'm a little skeptical about his politics, but I'm open to what he's got to offer us. At the very least it's nice to see America finally breaking the race barrier in this election. I wish it had been the gender one first and I would have voted for Hilary over McCain if she'd made it past the primaries, but we're making some progress at least.

tanyamae said...

what about Palin... that would have been breaking the gender barrier... ;)

Anners said...

yay america!!!! i'm so glad that you voted in Obama (the rest of the world is jumping up and down in excitement!). I hope he gets the chance to untangle the mess he was left and has a chance to truly make a difference.
And palin...well, she's a woman, but not one in whom i would place much confidence, sadly...

Joal said...

Yeah, the gender barrier also needs a lot or destruction. I'm excited for Obama to be president, but I would also have been excited had Sen. Clinton been elected. She gave some pretty strong hints during the end of the the primaries that she was ready to choose Obama as Vice Pres. That ticket would have been pretty inspiring, though I don't think their chemistry would have been very good.

tanyamae said...

i hear you lee-ana

i was joking about palin...she is not a woman i would choose to break the gender barrier... in fact... she would probably only reaffirm gender bias...

:)