
So today I went home early from work… my mind wouldn’t function…in a meeting I asked a dws person about ors… and the response was a very detailed blah blah blah blah blah blah… I said okay… I will look into that…
Everything a fog… I felt dizzy…. I blame this on skipping lunch and avoiding hunger with candy….
Went home early… almost knocked over a woman on the bus who was taking too long… I had to get home… to sleep… Two hours later I went to the grocery store…
Last weekend I was listening to a friend’s friend’s online motivation/self help thingy… the thought conveyed was… if negitive results were immediate in the same way that unhealthy things can be instantly gratifying – people would be less likely to do unhealthy things… he said if we ate something that was unhealthy and we immediately gained 20 lbs – we wouldn’t eat it…
My thoughts… well… maybe I wont gain 20 lbs right away… but eating sugar really does drag me down IMMEDIATELY…
Today at Smith’s (after my two hour sugar comma) they announced… hurry, only 10 minutes left to get a dozen donuts for a dollar…
About 5 men were crowded around the donut area fighting for the last of the cheap donuts… I just watched as they fought over each other… one was an acquaintance of mine… I didn’t want to embarrass him so I didn’t say hi…
I was the last to choose from the left overs… the man right in front of me said… 'there is nothing good left, there is nothing worth living for anymore' … I laughed… it is a sad day when the choice to live is based on dollar donuts…
Then when in the check out like I saw my acquaintance… he apologetically said… ‘you eat so healthy… and here I am with my dollar donuts…’ I pointed out my bag of donuts next to the organic this and that to make him feel better…
Came home… ate donuts… feeling spacey, dizzy, tired…hmmm

3 comments:
I like the idea that life isn't worth living anymore when all the good donuts are gone. Funny post. My hands start tingling and falling asleep, and I get kind of grumpy when I haven't eaten enough. Of course, my face and belly puff up when I eat too much.
Those donuts sure look good. I try to avoid them myself, but occasionally. . .I have endulged. I watched Oprah's show on the book "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" All about making the easy choice vs. the good choices about the stuff and the food in our lives. Then I went to my kitchen and got Lily a Poptart for breakfast and endulged in one myself. My thought. . ."Well, it's good and it's easy." Then my second thought was, "Wait I don't think my definition of 'good' is the same as their definition of 'good'." Oh well. Do you think the Apple juice evens things out?
nope... sugar is a killer chalice... pure poison...
Post a Comment