Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to Summer!!!




At 90 degrees yesterday it has finally arrived.

Reasons to love SLC in the Summer!

The Farmers Market at Pioneer Park every Saturday
Gallivan Center Twilight Concert Series
Movies in the Park
Bike Rides


There are more reasons to love summer... reasons that don't necessarily have web sites...

Like the fact that I rode a roller coaster for the first time in 15 years on Friday. It made me laugh, and mostly scream...

and after yoga and the farmers market I rode my scooter all over town in next to nothing and have the tan (sunburn) lines to prove it...

and I love that in the summer pop-cycles become a food group...

pic-nics... yard sales... 4th of July... camping trips... open windows at night... sunsets and lemonaid... these are a few of my favorite things!

4 comments:

the child family said...

Stop it, you are making me miss Salt Lake! Blake and I were just talking about what a great city it is.
In Vegas it's sort of reversed. Other than swim, people tend hibernate more in the summer and wake up in the late fall. So, we'll have to wait a few more months before we'll be opening the windows. It's ok, just different. The heat is a pretty humbling reminder that we are mere mortals who depend on water and a/c for our very lives :)

glarcy said...

did you go to lagoon on fri? My friend went on saturday and the whole park shut down because of a power outage. My friend said it apparently took way too much power to drag her butt up to the top of the colasus.

Joal said...

Thanks for your ode. It's so energizing when summer finally breaks through. I like Salt Lake City, but I like summer more (not that they are exclusive of each other). We'll be in SLC for a couple of days in between rushing here and there. Perhaps we can meet up with you and get a tour of the town on your scoot-scoot.

Liz and I went to Lagoon a couple of years ago and it was actually really fun. Like you, I hadn't been to an amusement park for a very long time, but we (especially Elizabeth) had a lot of fun.

tanyamae said...

Joal... yes please... we can go on a scoot-scoot tour taiwanese family style... all five of us... oh the things we can see!

and sorry Lara... I will be crying for LasVegas in about 6 months...

and crazy... about the park shutting down... glad i went friday and not saturday :)