Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a little blah blah blah...

so i was reading in the last part of Nephi about how Nephi really wants to make sure that specifically his words survive the generations. That is, that his children's children's children have them... and of course God tells him that the words will be preserved...

I was thinking what is it about his words that he wanted to pass down... and i thought about how he had visions... he saw the beginning from the end and back again... how do you communicate such things... you can only vocalize in language at a very fumbled level... but because the words were written through the spirit and the spirit will convey a piece of what Nephi experienced...

I have been thinking about this... because sometimes I understand things visually or through feelings, but don’t always know the language that will convey this understanding to other people... I am sure there is so much lost in our words that only feelings can relate... problem is so many of us are so unaware of this very important part of communication... okay i am diverting...

more...

thinking of Lehi's dream... and how the iron rod is the word of God... it is strong, strait, and solid and can be seen by some as restrictive (its next to a narrow path right?)... but this solid strait even seemingly cold structure leads up to the love of God that trickles enlightenment... as in the branches are continuously reaching above and roots digging below... The knowledge of God and the fruit of that knowledge is endless and exciting... and once we prove ourselves... once we show that we are disciplined enough to hold on to the iron rod when it doesn’t always make since the closer we come to this tree... and this place of peace, love and enlightenment could only be reached after the 'trial of faith' ... after holding to the word of God... which is what Nephi and the other prophets could only convey at a very basic level...

why am i rambling?... im trying to write this paper see... and Lehi's dream is going to help me give words and a structure to this simple understanding that I am still fighting for words to convey...

that’s all...

just thought I would share... but it has more work to be done... and probably still doesn’t make sense... but it’s getting there...

thanks for humoring me.

7 comments:

Joal said...

Good thoughts here, Tanya.

Sometimes the inexpressible is that which is most in need of being expressed.

tanyamae said...

so... english college teacher... how do is it done?

the child family said...

Can we read your paper when you are through?

Elizabeth Lee said...

This is just how I feel when I try to write. I think that's why I don't blog. I have these beautiful feelings and ideas and experiences and then when I write about them I feel like so much is lost in the writing. It's frustrating. But I do agree with Joal that the inexpressible does need to be expressed.

Jhonny Marcano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cemarcano said...

I suppose that is why I am drawn to the video and photo mediums. A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words. What is your paper about? For the record I think you do a pretty good job of expressing yourself through the pen - or computer.

tanyamae said...

i know what you mean liz... it is nice to have a form of expression that incorporates more... music, art, even just human presence...

ya... i respect that you don't blog... but i am glad to see your ideas here regardless...

:) so great to see all of you on here... what great people you are.