going over my blog... re-reading my summer... it has been good... have been listening to a few tunes that will always remind me of this summer.... this one... and this one... and this... and even this....
and...
summer...
it is almost october... is summer over? :(
already???... already!!! i am not exactly happy about this... not at all...
it just isn't right the way she leaves every year... it is too soon... i will miss... i do miss summer... may spring come quickly... and may i learn to love fall and appreciate again the silence of winter... i think i need to get out of the house now... go for a walk... fall in love with fall... before he too leaves to make room for winter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i hate winter. HATE. WINTER. but i didn't always feel this way. why do i hate it so much now??
probably because you have lost the child's appreciation and joy for snow now that you probably have to shovel it and try not to let it take you down?
As for me, I'm happy for fall. I HATE Texas summers. Never did like how hot it gets.
summer is just so free... winter... silent, cold and dark... but i do appreciate the dark silence...sometimes... in moments...
i think i need to make friends with people who turn their heat above whatever it is that mine is usually kept at. :)
maybe i dont want all of the force of a texas summer... but there are moments when i would give my firstborn for a texas summer over a utah winter...
we hate winter becasue it is death - when we are children we can embrace it because it seems so far away. I don't know. I saw a dragon fly today, I think I'll post something about it.
My husband loves winter, but he was a farmer. so Winter meant time off and playing on snow machines in the moutains. I love spring and fall, then summer, but I also like winter too. It's white and clean the mud freezes and isn't being tracked into my house. I think that mother natures ice "sculptures" are beautiful. And playing in the snow is fun. I have to agree that the cold can get to one after a while. But the winter is full of holidays, and definately makes me appreciate the spring and summer when they do come back.
Post a Comment