Saturday, September 27, 2008

I am not that cool.

I dont watch t.v. I don't read the news paper or magazines... i do spend too much time on line... but it is usually on craig's list looking for apartments or free stuff... or on this blog... i am totally dependent on other people to keep me informed...

at work...

someones face was peaking over a cubicle... i screamed... it was george
i went over to the cubicle to see what all of the excitement was about... they were taking down a magazine picture of alesia keys... it had been on the ceiling so long that when the office was repainted... who knows how long ago... the painter painted around alesia keys... i said whose that... one co-worker laughed and the other said... Tanya, you are killing me... my point... i didn't know who alesia keys was... but now i do...

i appreciate music... and when i was a kid... before i knew what bills were... my income/allowance was completely dedicated to this appreciation... but now... i depend on others... i am a lazy music lover... but still a lover... really... some sounds are so nice they make my belly ache... as in... how can i just hear that and not do something... i don't usually strike a pose... but i think it would be better for me soul if i did...

all of this build up... this music chit chat... i just wanted to post something by dr.dog... i didn't know who they were until last night... because a friend sent out an announcement to all... felt rich so i paid the cover charge at urban lounge and enjoyed the show... i liked all three groups... the line up... a goulash of genres... i really like the opening band... couldn't find anything online... not even a myspace page... the second band Hacienda, from Texas... that is almost reason enough for me to like em... i would go see them again... and i will in a few weeks... and finally dr. dog... here is a song for you and you and you.



either it is a cover of this or the this is a cover of that... I am not sure who is covering who??? it sounds more like an Architecture In Helsinki song... but it could belong to Dr. Dog... I need to do more research... but I probably wont... so maybe someone else can help me out on this one...

peace be unto you-all

i hope you like music... or something... enough that it makes you ache. :)

3 comments:

Dainon. said...

Your ears do not fail you. Dr. Dog is covering AIH, yes.

I hurt and ache for missing this one last night ... I love each band equally ... but am glad you made it. I'll have to hear more about it later. I shall make you talk about it next time I see you.

You can be lazy. I'll keep up my end. I read enough magazines and such for the both of us, I think ...

tanyamae said...

Hasienda is coming again in Nov... it will be $7 at the U.lounge

Joal said...

Funny you would think you are a lazy music lover. The songs from the mix tapes you put together ten years ago at Anasazi are still influencing my taste in music. You've always been on the cutting edge, sistuh.