Friday, January 18, 2008

i saw tom hanks

sundance... i have never been to a sundance film during the festival... i have seen many many sundance films... this year i was able to purchase about 20 tickets... the films that have caught my attention are all documentaries dealing with international issues... i was excited to see triage tonight. it only had one ticket available so i went by myself... the problem is i went to the wrong theater... lame... it turned out i actually went to the premier for the great buck howard... oops

i was entertained yes, but i will forget the movie in a week... i cant be too disappointed... tom hanks and governor huntsman gave speeches before the film... the cast all came out on stage and we clapped for them... i did run into a few friends... i got a text from a friend at the begining... guess what, i managed to score tickets for the tom hanks premier... i responded me too... and then i sent him a phone photo of tom hanks... with the bright lights on him he looked like a beam of light... tom hanks is funny... he pulled to podium off the stage to give audiance members in "the cheap seats" a better view...

so... tonight i started out thinking i was going to a documentary alone... which well... because of my current mood made me a little sad... but i ended up at a movie premier with friends... and it doesn't end there... but i will put that in a separate post...

it was the premier i think... it was the film to start off the festival... utah's govoner spoke and then tom hanks... the cast came out on stage... cool... i guess... i
This is a documentary worth going to alone. There was only one ticket available when I purchased it. I thought... it will be fine... I will just stop by for the show after work... The theater is only a block from the shelter. It didnt happen. I went into the wrong theater.
the great buck howard...so it was a mistake... i didnt mean to do it... mistakes happen.

1 comment:

Jason and Emily said...

Tom Hanks is my favorite actor for many reasons. Don't give me a Brad Pitt or a George Clooney, although they both get big yes's. Mr. Hanks has got it going on. I like knowing that he's in the world doing exactly what he is doing, and making it a better place. I like that I know someone who's seen him. :)