Saturday, January 19, 2008

so.... i want to go to iceland


i am open to anyones suggestions on the best way to get there and how to find employment once i am there...

i have been checking out ticket prices and from boston to iceland one way is less than $300...

hmmm.

7 comments:

cemarcano said...

Looks pretty in this picture, but isn't it like COLD? most of the time? It's not called Iceland for nothing. And from the looks of this picture there's not a lot of inhabitants and therefore probably not much work? Good luck. I know you have a travel bug and want to disappear overseas (I am so not opposed to this) However,you know we're all talking about a trip to Utah Christmas 09. I know it's two years away, but it would be nice if you were present and then maybe we could all get a real family picture that isn't 12 years old? If you do decide to move out of this country could you maybe think about planning a trip to Utah for Christmas 09?

the child family said...

You know what Tanya, me too. I want to go to Iceland. Blake (hubby) tells me we can fly there very cheap b/c of some agreement his airline has with Iceland Air. If we can somehow get a deal for peeps outside the fam I will let you know.

Maybe you could work for them - Iceland Air. Looks like they have some decent destinations that you could then check out with your flight benefits.

Also, welcome to bloggerdom! I'm excited to keep tabs on you and am going to add your link to our page if that's okay.

-Laura

tanyamae said...

oh laura... you are simply brilliant... and

i cant promise that i will be here christmas 09... im leaving the country next year and it might not be that convenient to come back...

Unknown said...

I heard on NPR the other day that Iceland is the happiest country on the planet. This guy did all this research and came up with a system of measurement and turns out Iceland is one happy place. If you go I'm coming with you!

peace,
Janalie

Jason and Emily said...

AAAHHH! My siblings were planning a trip to Iceland this last year. They gave it up for us to all go to Japan together as a family. But let's see what they can do for you.

the child family said...

Just asked Blake - I guess the flight benefits don't extend beyond the family...darn! I still think the airline industry would serve you well though. Good Luck!!

cemarcano said...

I have to agree with "the child family". Get a job with the airlines and then you can fly back for Christmas and see us!